WHO NEED VISA TO VIETNAM?
Only citizens of certain countries can visit Vietnam without an entry visa. They include:
- For citizens from the following countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand will be exempted from visa to Vietnam within 30 days. Passport holders from the Philippines do not need a visa for 21 days. Brunei and Myanmar passport holders are not required to get a visa to Vietnam for 14 days. They could apply for popular passport type with return tickets.
- Passport holders from South Korea, Japan, Russia, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Belarus and the Scandinavian nations (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland) do not need a visa to Vietnam if they intend to stay in the country within 15 days but they must have return ticket if they arrive to Vietnam via visa exemption.
Therefore, the two groups above need to apply Vietnam visa if they want to stay the free period longer than prescribed.
All other citizens are required to get a Vietnam entry visa (issued prior to departure by local consulates or embassies) or a pre-approved letter for picking up an entry visa (issued on arrival at Vietnam's International Airports) at the airport. Both are supplied before arrival in the country.
- No visa required for travel in Vietnam for less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months - Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports.
- No Vietnam visa required for travel within 90 days - Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports.
- No visa Vietnam required for 60 days/time with APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies
- Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate to travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay there for less than 15 days will also be exempted from Vietnam visa application. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving on Phu Quoc Island, the Vietnamese Immigration Department will be responsible for issuing visas on the spot if visitors want to travel other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days.
- No visa required for Vietnamese overseas for less than 90 days staying if they are holding Vietnam visa exemption certificate.
HOW TO GET VIETNAM VISA
Please make sure you prepare the following documents for your visa application process:
- 01 Application form (in provided format) with an attached photo
- Passport or alternative documents (hereinafter referred to as passports)
- Authorization document issued by the Immigration Department (Ministry of Public Security) or the Consular Department, Ho Chi Minh city Department of Foreign Affairs (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Apply for your visa through the local embassy:
The process of getting a business visa or a tourist visa is generally the same. Most tourists get their visa through a Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate office in their country of residence or in their travel country before entering Vietnam.
For a visa, you will need to submit:
- Application form: You can complete the form online or download the PDF file and fill it out.
- Original passport: Must be valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry: If you request a loose-leaf visa, a copy of your passport is sufficient.
- 01 passport-sized photo with no glass wears. 01 additional photo is needed in case you apply for a loose-leaf visa.
- Visa fees: Must be money order, or cashier’s check, or company check. Cash is accepted if you send in your application in person. The fee will depend on the type of visa you are applying for.
- Mail Service: Prepaid self-addressed return envelope is required if you want to have the passport returned by post (FedEx and USPS are recommended).
A business visa usually also requires a letter of support from your sponsor agency or company in Vietnam. In person, the process usually takes 7-10 working days, and by mail, the process usually takes 2-3 weeks, depending on the service you use, although times can vary considerably by embassy or consulate. If you are mailing, please note that you need to make arrangements to have your passport with visa returned to you.
- Apply for a visa online:
Another option to obtain a visa is to apply for an approval letter online to pick up the visa upon landing at international airports in Vietnam. Here are the steps involved in this process:
- Submit an online form for the pre-approved visa letter.
- Receive the visa letter in 3-5 working days